Egg Yolk is the BEST Solid Food Start for Baby
Egg yolk should be baby's first solid food, starting at 4 months, whether baby is breast fed or formula-fed. Egg yolks from pastured hens will contain the special long-chain fatty acids so critical for the optimal development of the brain and nervous system. The whites may cause an allergic reaction and should not be given to baby until he is at least one year old.
• 1 organic egg from a pasture-fed hen
• Boll egg for 3 1/2 minutes.
• Place in a bowl and peel off shell.
• Remove egg white and use elsewhere.
• Yolk should be soft and warm, not hot, with its enzyme content intact.