Black Bean, Corn, and Avocado Salad
Yield: Makes about 2 servings
• Juice of 2-3 limes
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 1/2 clove garlic, or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
• pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 2 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
• 115 oz. can black beans, rinsed
• 3/4 c. frozen corn kernels
• 1 avocado, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch chunks
• 10-20 cherry tomatoes, halved, or 1 medium tomato, chopped
In a small bowl, combine lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, cayenne, chili powder, and cilantro until well combined.
In a medium saucepan, heat the corn and beans over medium heat until warm, then add to a medium bowl with avocado and tomatoes.
Pour liquid mixture over bean mixture and stir until well coated.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for an hour or so (if you want to make it up to a day or two before serving, you could combine everything except the avocados and then add those at the last minute so they don't brown).