Chicken Potato Spinach Soup
Preparation: 15 minutes . processing: 4 minutes 15 seconds . yield. 4 cups (101)
1 cup (240 ml) chicken broth
11/2 cups (360 ml) whole milk
1/4 cup (40 g) chopped onion
3 medium Russet potatoes, 141/2 ounces (412 g), baked, halved, cooled, divided
1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 Tablespoon spinach, cooked or frozen, thawed
5 ounces (140 g) skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked and diced
1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1, Place broth, milk, onion, two potatoes, and rosemary into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
2. Select variable 1.
3. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
4. Blend for 4 minutes or until heavy steam escapes from the vented lid.
5. Reduce speed to Variable 3 and remove the lid plug.
6. Add spinach, one potato, chicken, salt, and pepper through the lid plug opening.
7. Blend for an additional 15 seconds.
From Vitamix Cookbook